Sunday, November 14, 2010

Graphics project re-do

I got started on my final design project yesterday and was so proud of myself that I had a good start on it by the end of the day...and I had already finished my homework.  Major accomplishment.  But something was bugging me about the scale of my design, and I actually dreamt about it last night and came up with the answer.  Obsessed you say?  Definitely.  I figured out -- as I woke up -- that the reason my design was too big at 1/4" scale was I should have done it at 3/16ths...I only tried it at 1/8ths and 1/4ths, thinking those were my only options.  But in between those two is 3/16ths.  Duh.  So now I have to start over.  Ughhhh. I have to go back to Kinko's to enlarge my survey -- again -- and come home and re-trace the whole thing.  Another two or three hours of my life down the drain.  I know we all learn by making mistakes, but I could have lived just fine without this one.  I was looking forward to a Sunday off and a much needed break from that drafting table.  Maybe even watching my youngest play hockey and getting the last of my allium and daffodil bulbs in the ground before it freezes.  But I sent my son off to hockey with the neighbors and I'm stuck indoors all day again on yet another lovely Connecticut fall day....I know it will all be worth it in the end, but I'm really craving some good time digging in the dirt today.  Ok, I've gotta stop whining and head back to my friendly local Kinko's!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoyed your Sunday off and that your wish to do some gardening was granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that wish had been granted as well! I had to re-do my entire project which took several hours. But it came out much better than I had originally planned at the larger scale -- 3/16ths was just right! Thank you for your kind thoughts though! And maybe we'll get a few more of those warm fall days before the new england freeze hits...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate - I've redone my project twice now too! Thankfully tomorrow we're done - until the next class.....
    -Monica

    ReplyDelete