Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Redbuds and lime green new leaves

Another almost overwhelmingly beautiful sight in my town right now. The redbud is my favorite spring blooming tree, and seeing it against the deep blue sky and the lime green of these new leaves is so incredible. This is the time of year I say to my kids in the car constantly, as i slow down to stare, "look at that tree" or "look at the color of those flowers"...and they just say "oh Mom, another tree?" They don't really understand now, but someday they, too, will stop and stare at nature's pure colors and, hopefully, appreciate them. I can only hope!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love redbuds too. They are blooming here. I especially like the mature trees that have the dark bark. I am sorely tempted to buy one. I have bought them before, only to have them winter kill. What is the secret to keeping them alive?

    ReplyDelete